Tuesday, May 18, 2010

KoKo restaurant + bar

Last Saturday, we had dinner at KoKo restaurant + bar with a group of our friends. Personally, I love the layout of this restaurant. Half private dinning area, half lounge & club. The reservation I made through opentable.com which is really convenient, especially when I couldn't get anybody on the phone.:)

We arrived 8:45 sharp, and didn't get our food until finishing two bottle of wines. It didn't really bother us, but anyone who is going should be aware they have this "sharing concept" which they served everything ordered at once. So you would want to at least have some crackers handy in your clutch!:)

For starter, I had "Asian pear and watercress salad" with yuzu vinaigrette which is a lemon, orange flavored dressing. It was fine. The pear was bit too soft, and the dressing was bit too light. R had "Vegetable samosas with yogurt dip", and "Grilled angus beef steak". They were just fine, nothing special; but I really want to talk about the "Tuna tartar" and "Unagi and sockeye salmon roll" I had for my main dishes. They were excellent! The tartar was served with potato chips. It was crisp and fresh. My sushi was wonderfully delicious with right amount of sweetness. For dessert, I shared a "Pineapple crumble with coconut ice cream" with R. The ice cream was great, but the pineapple was too sweet for me. All in all, the menu is plenty of choice. You can come up with different sides with any main dishes.

Everything was supposedly be pretty good except R found his credit card was being charged $10 more today. We don't really know what happened exactly. It could be just a honest mistake which I'm hoping for. He is gonna call them, and let's see how things sort out.

No comments:

Post a Comment